1. Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective?
I think the important thing here is to understand that technology can help students think outside of the “Box”. It gives them a new and exciting way to process information. When technology can be connect to the purpose of the lesson exciting things can happen
2. Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers?
If we do not hold students accountable in regards to technology then technology becomes nothing more than a toy. Production is the key and by using technology to reinforce learning.
3. Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like? How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
I went to all of the interactive websites and could not find one that dealt with CTE. We could challenge the students to replicate one of the applications using the application we work in everyday.
4. List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
I do not have an iDevice at all and there really is no plan for me to get one.
5. What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station.
If we ever get one we could set up different station that could review students for test. The Cashman Series has and on line learning that you could set flash cards up on one and games such as “Who wants to be a Genious” and “Wheel of Terms”.